What you should wear to Royal Ascot 2014, here are the top tips from the Latest Sale, fine jewellery product sourcing team. More than 300,000 visitors are expected to attend the five day Royal Ascot 2014 horse racing event from Tuesday 17th June 2014 until Saturday 21st June 2014. As always, dressing with style for Royal Ascot Ladies’ Day is de rigeur. What will you wear to Royal Ascot this year?
- Dresses and skirts should be at a modest length and not fall above the knee.
- Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater. No strapless, off the shoulders, spaghetti straps or halter necks to be worn.
- Trouser suits are permitted but they should be of full length with matching fabric and colours.
- Hats or headpieces should have a base of about 10 centimetres. No fascinators are permitted in the Royal Enclosure.
- Dress for a formal occasion. No strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops.
- A hat, headpiece or fascinator should be worn at all times.
- No shorts allowed.
- Trousers must be full length.
- Midriffs must be covered.
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn, but dresses and tops underneath must still comply with the dress code.
- Fancy dress and novelty brand or promotional clothing is not permitted.
- All royal enclosure compliant attire is welcome in the Grandstand.
Still searching for the right outfit? Here are some tips:
- Soft colours are great for Royal Ascot. Most favour pastel colours as they are popular this year. Match your pastel yellow or pastel green outfit with fine jewellery treasures including sterling silver and Baltic amber jewellery from the Destino Jewellery collection. Choose from Destino Jewellery’s wide range of fine jewellery including lime green and yellow tint sterling silver and baltic amber earrings and brooches to set the mood.